join me in my studio for the day and learn to weave on a floor loom!
in this one-on-one, hands-on lesson you will weave your very own cotton tea towel on a pre-dressed loom
you will learn about:
- types of looms and how they work
- weaving terminology
- choosing fibres for warp and weft
- how to calculate materials
- how to measure warp and dress a loom
- how to read a weaving draft (pattern)
- tips for weaving neatly and evenly
- troubleshooting common problems
- and a variety of finishing techniques
all materials are included and your handwoven tea towel is yours to take home!
instructor: lia karras
duration: 4 hours